Propane heater for a golf cart

  • William S
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30 6:18 AM
    • Arthur Marquardt
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30 4:27 PM
        William:
        Not to put down the idea but I bought one of these to heat my E-10 and while it did get it up to temp after a while, it also fogged the windows terribly. Apparently CO2 and moisture is a biproduct of these catalytic convertors and the defrost on the E-10 was incapable of removing it. Personally I would not recommend them for an E-10, Force owners should decide for themselves of course. They do have one good purpose though if you are ever stranded in winter they will keep you from freezing to death for a while mine came in a bag with a spare tank and thermal space blanket. So from that stand point it might be worth it.

        Art

        ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30 6:37 PM
            I'm a VW Westfalia enthusiast. There's a small UK made heater called Propex that VW campers love. It is a bit pricey, but can hook up to pretty much any propane tank and has external intake and exhaust....no more fogging up the windows inside.

            see http://www.westyventures.com/propex.html

            you could also use a standard RV furnace, but they are bigger and noisier and not as electrically efficient. (12V needed for blower fan).

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31 5:46 AM
              You may to try this one if you still have a glycol loop with the heater rad in the dash. I use to use this to keep a large wheeled loader nice and warm.

              http://www.enviroharvest.ca/block_heater.htm

              It mounts under the hood.

              Pierre