LF location of electrical header for fuel fired heater

  • kappa3842000
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2010
      According to the instructions on the espar web site for the B5W diesel heater, I can put in an LED light into the test plug and get some error codes to determine what's wrong with my unit. Would anyone know the location of this header, as I don't seem to be able to locate it inside the engine compartment. There's a picture of it on the upper right side of the diagram on page 10 of the troubleshooting manual:

      http://www.espar.com/tech_manuals/Older%20Coolant%20Heaters/D5W/D5W%20TS%20&%20Repair.pdf

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/yz6mbzv

      When I turn on the heater unit, the pump engages and one hears the usual noises, but it shuts itself down after a few minutes.

      The nice weather is back in Canada and I'd like to take advantage of the remaining cold days to get it going given that it's supposed to start only when temperatures are below a certain point.

      Thanks,

      Etienne