Group Buy SE

  • theoldcars@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2010
      The whole point of a group buy is so everyone gets a better deal. I would
      hope the price savings would be great enough that regardless of Ah size the
      cost could not be beat. If you can buy these cells from a US supplier for
      close to the same cost then it does not make sense to do a group buy. I would
      only be interested in a group buy if it was a very good savings.

      I have been contacting suppliers and the larger the quantity the better the
      price. I have not looked at the SE before as I was concerned if they would
      really last in EV use. Of the less expensive large cells TS, SE, HP the SE
      appears to be the one to buy.

      I was seriously looking at the Headway with their new 16Ah cells. They are
      rated at 10C discharge which would be very good. The pack load was at peak
      just less than 3C and not for an extended time. Cost a little more but not
      much if your buying in large quantity. Then I came across a post on the EVDL
      that Headway had a rust problem on one of the end caps. I just sent Headway
      an email and if they do not take care of their customer then I am not
      interested in buying their product.

      In a message dated 2/28/2010 5:24:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      cbliss@... writes:

      Not sure how it would work out in battery box fill space, but running the
      numbers for 100Ah TS versus 200Ah TS using evcomponents pricing, the cost
      for a 50 unit pack would be:

      $7,150 for 100Ah

      $13,200 for 200Ah

      That means purchasing 100 of the 100Ah would be $14,300. I have included
      the costs of BMS. If only one "BMS master unit is required, then it would
      be about $350 less so the delta is around $1K extra for going with a hundred
      100AH batteries.

      I just checked my model for 100AH TS batteries in the Force battery box.
      With no box modifications, the max amount of batteries is 69. To go with
      100 batteries would require making space for another 31 batteries. That is
      quite a lot of batteries and would require significant modifications. I
      don't see where that many more batteries would fit.

      From: _solectria_ev@From: _solFrom: _solectri_solectria_ev@solectria_evsol_
      <mailto:solectria_mailto:solectriamail> )
      (mailto:_solectria_ev@solectria_evsol_ (mailto:solectria_ev@yah
      oogroups.com) <mailto:solectria_mailto:solectriamail>
      ) ] On
      Behalf Of __theoldcars@_theold_ (mailto:_theoldcars@...)