AH meter running backwards

  • johnnydwa
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2010
      Does anyone have a fix for a possessed AH meter that runs backwards even at a standstill or after I have parked but not plugged in? I checked the historical posts and it looks like others have had this problem, but I didn't see a definitive solution.

      It is a bit intermittant which implies a loose something....

      Any thoughts?

      I am a bit of a newbie so details are appreciated.

      In the meantime I am going off the odometer.

      John
    • reed_bement
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2010
        I had a similar issue. For me it was board contamination on the AH meter PCB. As I recall it was near the red circled area as shown in AH Control Board Removal.pdf (in the groups files section). It's seems like it's about time for someone to create a replacement board for this one.
        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "johnnydwa" <johnnydwa@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have a fix for a possessed AH meter that runs backwards even at a standstill or after I have parked but not plugged in? I checked the historical posts and it looks like others have had this problem, but I didn't see a definitive solution.
        >
        > It is a bit intermittant which implies a loose something....
        >
        > Any thoughts?
        >
        > I am a bit of a newbie so details are appreciated.
        >
        > In the meantime I am going off the odometer.
        >
        > John

      • Charles Bliss
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2010
          I have one that just keeps counting. I had two really good EEs look at it.
          Many of the components are obsolete and difficult to find on the "obsolete"
          market. I got written permission from Bursa to reverse engineer and publish
          the schematics and layout. If you cannot get parts, that seems like a
          wasted effort. If anyone makes a replacement main board that would output
          to the existing display, I would be interested in purchasing one.

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com <mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>