Re: [force_ev] Re: Sudden Battery(?) Death

  • Leonard Tramiel
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 4, 2002
      Re-reading this last message I realize that it didn't come out the way I
      meant it.

      I don't want info on a replacement back. I want info on a replacement
      battery.

      -Leonard

      P.S. I sent the voltage info to Solectria. No response yet.

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 10, 2002
        Update:

        Today I called the people from whom I bought my charger and went over all
        the specs with them on the phone. They told me the settings are correct,
        and that my actual problem is that Interstate SRM-27 batteries don't last
        well in EV applications due to the high current demand.

        So, it looks like I neeed to shop for new batteries. Does anyone have a
        favorite battery they'd recommend?

        (Mine is a '92 Force, 144 volt system).

        Rob
        umarc@...