Help with Solectria UMOC ans AC 55 motor

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2010
      Hello all I am new to this group but not new to converting ev's. I have done 4 conversions this last year. I am done ,, well sort of on my 4th one. I am having issues with an error on my UMOC. I am getting the LED error, then "overvolt" according to the manual this can be a serious or no so serious fault. I have 100 LifePo4 cells in series. I have the setting in the parameter screen set to 365vdc max and 250 vdc min. The car has no power not even enough to move it. If the rear heels are in the air it will move the wheels very fast actually, but on the ground nothing?????????

      I heard there are some experts on this site and I hope one of you help me out!!

      Thanks

      Brian

      PS here is my build link if you care to look at the car
      http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php/brians-next-ac-lifepo4-ev-35419p40.html

      you need to join real quick to see the pictures ( I suggest you do there are some good ones)
    • Jim Davis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2010
        Brian,

        What are your amp limits set to (and what have you calculated as the limit to draw from that LifePo4 string)?

        Don't spin too fast with the wheels up.

        Amps determine torque (or torque requirements determine how many amps you need).

        Regards.
        Jim Davis
        Metabus.org

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2010
          amps set to 350 max

          max I really want to use ever is 250 amps

          I have set the max rpm for testing at 1000 rpm ( when the car was on the ground I tried setting it to 5000 rpm) still no difference

          Thanks for the reply!!!!!

          Brian Nakonechny
          R/C Toys Inc.
          4609 West 75th Street