Re: [solectria_ev] My New Year's Problem

  • Bill or Dorothy Swann
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2009
      Go to a seal re-seller with the old seal, and they will find a replacement. A big seal manufacturer is Chicago Rawhide.

      Thanks,Bill S
      Ph 832-338-3080
      www.promotingevs.com

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, jim donovan <donovan66205@...> wrote:

        > UPDATE:

        > My current problem now is how far do I put the new one in - far enough so that the outside lines up with where the old one is OR far enough so that the inside lines up with the old inside.  I can't have both.
        >
        > Let me know what you smarter people think.
        >
        > Jim

        Jim,

        First, let me say, I don't know. However, that being said, I would try to determine how the shaft contact point of the old seal references with the new thinner seal. Doing this may help you derive the best position. I am thinking you would try to push the seal in far enough to have the contact point on the axle be the same as the old seal. My thinking here is that if that surface is in good shape, it will be smooth and less wearing on the new seal.