Ignition Board 2.1 Schematic Files - From Beth Silverman Azure Dynamics

  • packratdaddy
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
      Many,many thanks to Beth Silverman of Azure Dynamics for finding files for the ignition board I need. Check under the Files section for the ignition board folder. Also a hand drawn diagram of connectors and wires.

      The Orcad file is in PDF and can't be imported back into Orcad.
      I could ask if Beth could get the Orcad file in another format .
      Has anyone made a PCB layout with one of the CAD programs.
      There are PCB companies that could make a few prototypes .

      This is outside of my skill set, right now.
      Any help in laying out the board etc will be appreciated.

      At least I know where the plugs and wires go too !
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
        If I could get permission from Azure Dynamics to recreate the board, I
        could do it... :)

        I use Altium Designer, but it will import Orcad files (the .DSN and .MAX
        files)... Or I could just recreate the schematic from the PDF...

        I would also need access to an ignition module, so I could recreate all
        the footprints and componet spacing... if you want an exact copy. :)

        The hardest part might be finding the same plastic project box...

        Wolf
        *wags his tail*
        www.wolftronix.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
          I emailed a request to Beth Silverman regarding the Orcad files.

          I'll start searching for a plastic project box too !!!
        • packratdaddy
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
            Beth came through on a bunch of files. Thank you !

            They are in the files folder.

            Not sure what program will open them.
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
              On second look the supplied pics are of a version 2.0 ignition module...

              I have uploaded pics of a version 2.1 ignition module, which matches the
              schematics. :)

              http://www.wolftronix.com/ignitionModule

              Wolf
              *wags his tail*