front suspension question

  • jim donovan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2009
      Hey all:

      Got tires but was told that I need new control arms to the tune of a $700 quote.  I just replaced the control arms and they are in good shape.  However, I did not replace one bushing (because I did not have it) and this is the bushing they showed me was bad - and it was and is.  However, the bid sounded out of touch with reality.

      I spend an unusual amount of time at NAPA and think I found what I need - what NAPA is  calling a sway bar repair kit.  Specifically, this is the bushing between what might be called the sway bar or the tie rod and the control arm.  It looks like it is what I need, but the part number and name is a real problem to determine.

      Has anyone had experience with replacing this bushing (if in deed it is a bushing)?  I feel comfortable with what I got but thought I would check before investing time to possibly determine that this is not it.  NAPA part 265-2197 for $17.

      Thanks in advance.

      Jim
      Westwood, KS