EBEAA EV Distance Rally - Sat, Aug 24, Pleasant Hill/Concord, CA

  • ethorpe@gric.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 1:37 PM
      !!!EV Rally Announcement/Reminder!!!

      Saturday, August 24, 2002, from 10am to 4pm
      30th Annual EV Distance Rally, sponsored by EBEAA (East Bay EAA, SF Bay
      Area).
      (In place of regular Chapter meeting)

      Come show your EV and participate in our Distance Rally (although we're not
      out to kill your battery pack...). Great opportunity to expose the public to
      EVs, with school just starting up at the community college, and families out
      shopping at the mall. Rally route is a 3.2 mile loop around the shopping
      areas on either side of busy I-680. Wonderful exposure.

      Should have 90 degree weather - just right for distances. Of course it's not
      the same as the mid-80s when some conversion vehicles were pushing 200+
      miles, but should have a good mix of conversion and production vehicles. The
      past years' participants have driven 10-70+ miles. Considering including
      travel to/from the event as part of distance.

      Charging available at the Mall (Inductive LP and Conductive Avcon) plus at
      EAA member's house (110vac & 220vac) adjacent to route. Other public
      charging at Walnut Creek BART station (LP, Avcon, more), about 6 miles away.
      All accessible by flat city streets.

      For up-to-date information, check out our website:
      http://www.geocities.com/ebeaa/

      Rally location:
      Diablo Valley College
      321 Golf Club Road, Lot 8