reprogramming AMC 320

  • e10ls
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
      Anybody:

      I have an AMC 320 that I am trying to reprogram from NiCad to lead acid.
      The problem is when I use the AMC_e exe program and go into read/edit drive data it accepts new parameters and saves it to disk, but when I try to load from disk it doesn't change the parameters, and reads as before. What am I doing wrong?
      Art
    • Tom Hudson
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
        Art, I have this same issue when trying to reprogram the Brusa
        chargers. If you start the program, load the profile, then try to write
        it to the device it fails. I ended up using the command line shortcuts
        to install the profile directly from the command line instead, and it
        works. Maybe there is a similar issue on the AMC programmer.

        e10ls wrote:

        > Anybody:
        >
        > I have an AMC 320 that I am trying to reprogram from NiCad to lead acid.
        > The problem is when I use the AMC_e exe program and go into read/edit
        > drive data it accepts new parameters and saves it to disk, but when I
        > try to load from disk it doesn't change the parameters, and reads as
        > before. What am I doing wrong?
        > Art

      • Arthur Marquardt
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
          Tom:
          I am not sure what you are referring to, do you mean I have to put in my parameters after the prompt. The AMC program is gui.
          Art

          ________________________________

          e10ls wrote:

          > Anybody:
          >
          > I have an AMC 320 that I am trying to reprogram from NiCad to lead acid.
          > The problem is when I use the AMC_e exe program and go into read/edit
          > drive data it accepts new parameters and saves it to disk, but when I
          > try to load from disk it doesn't change the parameters, and reads as
          > before. What am I doing wrong?
          > Art

        • Tom Hudson
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
            OK, Art, there are MS-DOS-style arguments you can use, at least with the
            version of the software that I have here. My program is called
            AMC_E.EXE. From the Command Prompt window, type:

            AMC_E ?

            The program will start up and show you a list of parameters. On mine
            this is:

            AMC [drivedata [auto|print]] [e|d] [1|2] [view]

            My guess is, you need to save out the profile you want to use, say,
            "ART1". Then exit the program and enter:

            AMC_E ART1 AUTO

            For the NLG series programmer, this does the trick. Good luck!

            -Tom

            Arthur Marquardt wrote:

            > Tom:
            > I am not sure what you are referring to, do you mean I have to put in
            > my parameters after the prompt. The AMC program is gui.
            > Art
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Arthur Marquardt
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
              Tom:
              After what you said in your first E-mail I figured it out.

              You first use    amc_e exe  This will get you to the main menu screen from there you are prompted to turn the controller off and on and hit any key you should get a transmision successful message.
              Go to read/edit drive data use cursor keys to select parameters to change they will highlight and you can enter your value.
              When finished  with all parameters hit F10 and it will tell you that it hasn't written to AMC if you hit yes it will probably fail next it will ask if you want to save hit Y then a save file screen pops up and you save your file.
              Now exit by going to F10 Exit and hitting F10.
              You will then handshake and load at the same time.
              Thanks for the help Tom.
              Art

              I do not know why the GUI doesn't work all the time it worked for me on one controller and not the other. It's not a great program to work with.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
                This always works for me on the Brusa charger if the software is similiar it might work on the AMC.

                Just make the parameter changes that you want and then hit f-10 to exit. The program will ask you if you want to write it to the charger. Select yes. Then it will ask you if you want to save it to disk.

                For my computer/charger this always works better than the read-write options.

                Mike R
                97 Force

                --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "e10ls" <a-marquardt@...> wrote:

                > Anybody:
                >
                > I have an AMC 320 that I am trying to reprogram from NiCad to lead acid.
                > The problem is when I use the AMC_e exe program and go into read/edit drive data it accepts new parameters and saves it to disk, but when I try to load from disk it doesn't change the parameters, and reads as before. What am I doing wrong?
                > Art

              • Tom Hudson
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
                  Yay!. Well, after having had to discover the same process on the
                  chargers for myself, I figured you might get lucky and have the same
                  situation there. Glad it worked, and thanks for documenting the sequence.

                  -Tom