Citivan and Trenton auction

  • gildeakevin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2009
      The Trenton, N.J. auction had 3 1997 forces which were recognizable from others due to prior owner ( N.J.D.O.T.) having cut and added a small access door (looks stupid in my opinion) to the opposite side from the original plugin/gascap door in which they had added an Avcon charge port receptacle. On my 93 Solectria hatchback, a Magnecharge port receptacle (recently removed and sent to Oregon)was wired in, but no alterations to vehicle occurred as it was simply placed atop rear battery box and hatchback had to be left slightly open to plug in.
      At the auction I met a couple from N.Y. seeking parts for the earlier Solectrias and have lost their e-mail. Please call me at 781-243-9699. Thanks.
      As for my 1999 Citivan, I now have clear title in hand and was wondering if anyone had knowledge regarding the propulsion system i.e.; there are 2 motors and 2 controllers, with 2 strings of 26 12v batteries (for 312v)and I was wondering if this truck could run with just one string...that way I could test both motors/strings with only acquiring 26 rather than all 52 batteries. The Citivan has basically the same configuration as their e-10 pickup, with rear wheel drive and both motors meeting/driving a belt to turn driveshaft. Anyone in the know can either call me at phone above, or simply respond by e-mail. thanks. Kevin