Help w/ Ammeter...

  • Andrew Foss
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2002
      Force folks,

      last week the ammeter in my dash started behaving oddly. It flashes
      green and red and counts up and down a bit, but nothing correlating to
      the actual electricity use of the motor?

      Has anyone run into anything like this or have any pointers as to
      whether it's likely the current sensor in the motor circuit or if it's
      the ammeter itself?

      thanks in advance,
      andrew
    • Will Beckett
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2002
        Yes. I had this problem when my replacement meter came back from repair. It will usually correct itself after a reset, which happens after a computer charge. If that doesn't work you can try the disconnect but most of the time that introduces the problem and I wait for a complete charge for it to reset and that works.

        -Will

        From: Andrew Foss <afoss@...>
        Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:21:24 -0700