LiFePo4 upgrade II
Sorry, I did not take pictures I was too busy testing measuring and obsessing. But when I open it up to check it after a week, I will show what I did. In a nutshell my goal was to try to fit this new chemistry into my '92' to learn if it is going to work so that my ultimate challenge will be to revive my Ranger EV. The 11 modules are Thunder Sky TS lfp 40AH. Originally my Force was equipped with flooded deep cycle Diehards about 80 AH, they worked for about 18 months. So I figured that losing almost 600 lbs would require less energy. What I have learned so far is that it works and the lithium behaves very differently than the lead. I get a bit of a voltage sag initially but unlike lead I still have power even after 15 AHs it behaves the same but I can slowly get up to speed but really not much slower than before but I have been watching the voltmeter drop to cutoff which was the sign to start home before, but now I think that the smaller cells and
pack are just a little undersized. I have not run a endurance test yet, I working up to it. The Zivan charger seems to be set well, bring the pack to 180v and by morning it is a reasonable 165v for a 144v system, this seemed a bit high until I started driving it, after which it settles unto 145-150v and seems to stay right there and according to the spec data stays there until the 40 Ahs are used up, we'll see. For the time being I can safely make most of my errand runs it drives much easier. I will report back and take some pictures, but there is not much to see.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]