OT: ACTION: Clean car pledge + clean GM + Civic Hybrid contest!

  • Mike Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 12:34 PM
      I haven't thoroughly investigated the backers of these web sites but they
      look somewhat reasonable and they are certainly sending the right message!
      I was notified of this by the Cleanr Car Campaign, so that's a fair
      endorsement. And this time, your entered to win a Civic Hybrid!! That's
      much more worthwhile prize than a Ford Expedition in the nose! :-;

      Pledge to reduce fuel consumption by properly inflating tires, etc. and
      ultimately get a cleaner vehicle.
      http://www.saveabarrel.org/

      Tell GM
      "I will seriously consider buying a General Motors vehicle ONLY if:
      - GM offers a fuel-efficient line of vehicles;
      - GM supports meaningful increases in fuel efficiency standards;
      - GM supports efforts to reduce carbon pollution and global warming."

      I think this will resonate with EV1 Leasees! As we're all much too
      PAINFULLY aware, we are not EV1 OWNERS!

      http://www.moveon.org/saveGM/

      Check it out. Review the privacy policy. If it looks good to you TAKE
      ACTION and fill them out. The GM Petition may be one of our better chances
      to join others who've never even seen an EV1 to send a real message to GM.
      Use the comments section to customize your message.

      Later, "A rainbow is only part of a circle." San Joser, CA
      ^ ^ Software Consultants: http://www.migration.com/
      O o Permanent: m.t.thompson@...
      ===-o-=== My catbox: http://www.madkatz.com/
      Ack! Phththpph!

      2001 Clean Air Champion http://www.baaqmd.gov/pie/press/cachamp01.pdf

      My True Zero Emission Vehicle (TZEV) GM EV1 and my home are powered
      by the 100% renewable, Zero Emissions Electricity (ZEE) 30kWh/day
      Solar Electric (PV) system on my roof which will pay for itself in
      about 6 years, 12% annualized return on investment:
      http://www.madkatz.com/pv/index.html

      Sometimes I see gas cars... In my rearview mirror! http://www.gmev.com/

      President, Electric Auto Association, San Jose Chapter
      http://www.geocities.com/sjeaa/

      Electric Vehicle Email List Instructions: (EVList members: Bookmark it!)
      http://www.madkatz.com/ev/evlist.html