Battery testers - ah Tests ?

  • packratdaddy
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 9:54 AM
      Battery testers - ah Tests ?

      I took one of my batteries to a battery dist.

      He put an Auto Meter RC-400 test on it.

      It's a 12v Deka Gel 55ah - size 22NF

      The meter said it had 27 ah.

      It was fully charged. (This was the battery that had some contact arcing issue with the positive post)

      Interpretations ?

      The guy was just a salesman and coul'nt tell me what it meant.

      ANy comments ?

      These batteries have 3000 miles on them.

      Thanks,

      Mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10 8:26 PM
        The plate connected to the post might have gotten hot enough to vaporize
        electrolite, causing out gassing or "gas pockets", resulting in a lower
        capacity.

        Another thing you could try is have them test one of the other batteries,
        see what the capacity of a good one is. There tester might not be
        calibrated for Gellcells.

        Wolf
        *wags his tail*
        www.wolftronix.com