Single Battery problem - Follow up

  • packratdaddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2009
      Just following up on my melting positive post.

      It's beginning to look like a surface issue.
      Poor contact arcing?
      I brought it by a Batteries Plus store after a full charge.
      The rep there used an Auto Meter RC-300 to test it.
      It is a 22nf 55ah battery and was only coming up at 27ah capacity.
      Hopefully this doesn't represent all my batteries .
      Hopefully it's only this one battery.

      When I get the replacement battery, will I have to follow the "breaking in" routine ?

      Also , what is the best way to measure ah capacity ?
      Is a unit like the Auto Meter RC-300 a good and accurate investment ?
      Other equipment methods ?

      Thanks,

      Mark

      1994 Force