RE: [solectria_ev] Carbon Nanotube Battery distributor and request to jo...

  • Noel Adams
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
      The last time I talked with Firefly they were planning on introducing an EV battery but they saw an opportunity with the truck battery and went for it. In the long run it might be better to put out a battery for which there is an existing market than to try and put out a battery aimed at a market that is relatively small at the moment. I was rather disapointed with the specs on their battery though, when I talked to Mil Ovan earlier in the development cycle they were seeing test results that were much closer to NiMH than these batteries - closer to 1000 cycles and much better energy density.

      Noel

      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      From: dougb120@...
      Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:59:00 -0800
      Subject: Re: [solectria_ev] Carbon Nanotube Battery distributor and request to jo...

      Hi again from Doug,
      I think this is a very good approach. I don't want someone pressuring us to buy batteries that have no history and for which we have no real data to compare the new product to the old and "reliable" products. However, I want to see what this company has to offer, I won't buy until I see that this is a better product than is already on the market.
      I am disappointed that Fire Fly didn't see fit to offer a battery to EVs. The truck battery doesn't offer much more than that other batteries but an EV battery may have different performance.
      doug