Efficency improvement

  • Mike Phillips
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2009
      Just trying to contribute something for all of the questions I have
      posted.

      For years I was watching my battery usage going to work. Winter and
      summer. I adapted what the guys at AC Propulsion use on their
      vehicles. I drained and added 0w-20 Synthetic Mobile1 motor oil to the
      5 speed gear box, synthetic lube in the rear end, and set the front
      wheel alignment to zero toe in. The very next morning, and every day
      since then my truck's efficiency is now 10% better, winter or summer.

      I know the E10's don't have a transmission, but maybe the cars can
      benefit from this info. ACP uses the 0w-20 in all of their vehicles
      with transmissions or transaxles. They reportedly tested many
      lubricants for their effect on efficiency.

      Mike
    • george.beckman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2009
        Mike,

        Good post, thanks. I had been mulling this very thing (well, not
        the toe-in) and plan to follow your lead. With the tiny bit of power
        going through my 5 speed, and the relatively low mileage, I am sure
        the 0-20 will be perfect... and way less sludge to try to stir.

        George

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Phillips" <mikep_95133@...>