Re: Vacuum pump stays on

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2008
      Joshua,
      When I bought my car 4 years ago the vacuum pump ran all the time. I
      thought that it was a pretty poor design until I was educated by the
      Forum and Gordon.

      I removed the pump and cleaned the switch as recommended by Gordon and
      haven't done a thing to it since and it works fine. I believe that has
      been the case with a number of owners.

      The switch likely has a sticky lube from the manufacturer. WD-40 or a
      similiar product seems to work better. WD is a great parts cleaner and
      usually doesn't over lube.

      It is also possible that you could have a vacuum leak so if you have
      the gauges you could check for excessive bleed down. But most likely
      it is the switch.

      Mike
      97 Force

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Goldstein" <jg@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > First I want to apologize for my post about the list yesterday. The
      > important thing is how great it is to have this list, and it's
      better to
      > have too much chatter than too little. Sorry!
      > My question is about the electric vacuum pump (power brakes)
      that seems

    • bradfix@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2008
        Joshua, I recommend using a product called LPS #1 Runs about $10 a can.?This is a far?better
        greaseless lubricant for switches. Will also mix with the old grease and make everything work much better.

        Brad