Re: Daily Driver

  • joelmeyn
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 30, 2008
      I have been driving my 97 Force almost exclusively for my work commute
      (20 mile round trip)for the past 4 years. Odometer is 29,700 and
      rising. original batteries as far as I know (bought car at 8,000
      miles). I have retired the original 220v charger (it stopped working)
      and replaced with a PFC-_____ which runs happily on 110v so I can
      charge at both ends of commute. Our local Costco store has a 110v
      outlet in addtion to Avcon and Inductive.
      -Joel, San Francisco northbay area...

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "mike_klimesh" <mklimesh@...>
      wrote:

      > I've put aprox 2000 miles on my 94 force since I got it 5 months ago
      > for a total of 7600 on the car.
      > Mike Klimesh

    • Robert Strattan
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 4, 2008
        I purchased a '97 Force from Mike Young in early September and have
        been driving it almost every day since. In 2 months I have added about
        1K miles to the initial 15K. I think I am have the only daily driver
        EV in Tulsa, OK. There is another Force in Bartlesville (Gordon
        Stallings), but the Solectria name is rare in this part of the
        country. I got acquainted with Solectria through the Tour de Sol where
        my engineering students at the University of Tulsa competed with their
        hybrid-electric cars. Over the past 17 years we have built 4 HEVs, 2
        using Solectria motor-controllers.

        Bob Strattan

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikesus@...> wrote:

        > Ok, so who is still driving their Force on a daily basis? Since I got
        > mine almost 2 months ago, I have put almost 3k miles on it.

      • Will Beckett (PCSolutions)
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
          I got my '99 Force in 2000 with about 700 miles on it, I now have 46K. My
          original Brusa finally pissed me off enough to replace it. I have purchased
          a PFC-20 that should arrive in a few weeks but am currently borrowing a
          Zivan until then. I am on my third set of batteries (GelTech).

          - Will
          Aptos, CA 95003
          (831) 688-8669
          <mailto:will@...> will@...

          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
            How much for your Brusa charger? :)

            Wolf
            *wags his tail*
            www.wolftronix.com

            > I got my '99 Force in 2000 with about 700 miles on it, I now have 46K. My
            > original Brusa finally pissed me off enough to replace it. I have
            > purchased
            > a PFC-20 that should arrive in a few weeks but am currently borrowing a
            > Zivan until then. I am on my third set of batteries (GelTech).
            >
            > - Will
            > Aptos, CA 95003
            > (831) 688-8669
            > <mailto:will@...> will@...

          • Bill or Dorothy Swann
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
              Wolf. I had promised to send you a broken BRUSA, and I will sent it this week.
              Bill S

              > I got my '99 Force in 2000 with about 700 miles on it, I now have 46K. My
              > original Brusa finally pissed me off enough to replace it. I have
              > purchased
              > a PFC-20 that should arrive in a few weeks but am currently borrowing a
              > Zivan until then. I am on my third set of batteries (GelTech).
              >
              > - Will
              > Aptos, CA 95003
              > (831) 688-8669
              > <mailto:will@becketts. ws> will@becketts. ws

            • EVdave
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                ya know, i was just gonna ask that......

                db

                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                  What would you think to be fair? My interest would be to make sure it is
                  reused and not just sitting around and they my shipping costs are covered
                  but offsetting a little of the cost of the new charger would be nice too.

                  - Will
                  Aptos, CA 95003
                  (831) 688-8669
                  > I got my '99 Force in 2000 with about 700 miles on it, I now have 46K. My
                  > original Brusa finally pissed me off enough to replace it. I have
                  > purchased
                  > a PFC-20 that should arrive in a few weeks but am currently borrowing a
                  > Zivan until then. I am on my third set of batteries (GelTech).
                  >
                  > - Will
                  > Aptos, CA 95003
                  > (831) 688-8669
                  > <mailto:will@... <mailto:will%40becketts.ws> > will@...
                  <mailto:will%40becketts.ws>

                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                    Well, it would be inlisted into battery balancer testing service.

                    I need a way to charge a large series stack of batteries so the balancers
                    can learn how best tackle the task. i.e. so I can write the logic for
                    them.

                    I have to make sure they are working properly, before they migrate to my
                    truck. :)

                    As for price, you are the seller, you get to set the price. ;)

                    Wolf
                    *wags his tail*
                    www.wolftronix.com