Re: [solectria_ev] One cell of one battery - HOT

  • Ken Olum
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2008
      I replaced a single one of the 8G27's in my pack at 16K miles. (See
      http://www.nabble.com/single-bad-battery-p13087477ef25542.html) One
      year and 7500 miles later, this was obviously a good decision, since
      everything is going well with only a limited decline in range (to
      about 35Ah).

      Ken Olum
      1998 Force
    • sioux ammerman
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2008
        Charles -
        My batteries are G27's so I'd rather try to get the same as a replacement.
        But I'll keep you in mind if none are available.
        Thank you very much for the offer.

        Sioux

        On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Charles Bliss <cbliss@...> wrote:

        > I have 10 Optima group 24s that are in mediocre condition. I work in Santa
        > Clara and could bring one to work.
        >
        > Do you still need a battery? If so, email me at cbliss at cbliss.com

      • sioux ammerman
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 9, 2008
          Well, this is a great group. 2 people offered a battery they had laying
          around. Unfortunately, the batteries were all G27, and mine at G31. I'll
          just bite the bumper and buy a new one at the nearby shop.

          Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement.

          Sioux

          On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:13 AM, Ken Olum <kdo@...> wrote:

          > I replaced a single one of the 8G27's in my pack at 16K miles. (See
          > http://www.nabble.com/single-bad-battery-p13087477ef25542.html) One
          > year and 7500 miles later, this was obviously a good decision, since
          > everything is going well with only a limited decline in range (to
          > about 35Ah).
          >
          > Ken Olum
          > 1998 Force

        • sioux ammerman
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
            So the finish to the story is that I was lucky and it was easy.
            The battery was in the easiest place to replace it, right rear end one in
            the trunk. I checked the voltage on all the batteries and they were all
            within 0.07 volts of each other, including the new one. Some guy walked
            past and started asking questions about the batteries just as I was ready to
            pull the old one, so he was enlisted to assist. The new one slid right into
            the hole like butter, and the short test drive was very smooth. I need to
            get a different size nut and lock washer, and will be sure to crank it down
            tight.
            I'm back on the road!
            Thanks everyone for the advice and offers. I appreciate it very much.

            Sioux
            '96 Force fed by the sun.