RE: [solectria_ev] One cell of one battery - HOT

  • Charles Bliss
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30 8:10 PM
      I have 10 Optima group 24s that are in mediocre condition. I work in Santa
      Clara and could bring one to work.

      Do you still need a battery? If so, email me at cbliss at cbliss.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2008
        I replaced a single one of the 8G27's in my pack at 16K miles. (See
        http://www.nabble.com/single-bad-battery-p13087477ef25542.html) One
        year and 7500 miles later, this was obviously a good decision, since
        everything is going well with only a limited decline in range (to
        about 35Ah).

        Ken Olum
        1998 Force
      • sioux ammerman
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2008
          Charles -
          My batteries are G27's so I'd rather try to get the same as a replacement.
          But I'll keep you in mind if none are available.
          Thank you very much for the offer.

          Sioux

          On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Charles Bliss <cbliss@...> wrote:

          > I have 10 Optima group 24s that are in mediocre condition. I work in Santa
          > Clara and could bring one to work.
          >
          > Do you still need a battery? If so, email me at cbliss at cbliss.com

        • sioux ammerman
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2008
            Well, this is a great group. 2 people offered a battery they had laying
            around. Unfortunately, the batteries were all G27, and mine at G31. I'll
            just bite the bumper and buy a new one at the nearby shop.

            Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement.

            Sioux

            On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:13 AM, Ken Olum <kdo@...> wrote:

            > I replaced a single one of the 8G27's in my pack at 16K miles. (See
            > http://www.nabble.com/single-bad-battery-p13087477ef25542.html) One
            > year and 7500 miles later, this was obviously a good decision, since
            > everything is going well with only a limited decline in range (to
            > about 35Ah).
            >
            > Ken Olum
            > 1998 Force

          • sioux ammerman
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
              So the finish to the story is that I was lucky and it was easy.
              The battery was in the easiest place to replace it, right rear end one in
              the trunk. I checked the voltage on all the batteries and they were all
              within 0.07 volts of each other, including the new one. Some guy walked
              past and started asking questions about the batteries just as I was ready to
              pull the old one, so he was enlisted to assist. The new one slid right into
              the hole like butter, and the short test drive was very smooth. I need to
              get a different size nut and lock washer, and will be sure to crank it down
              tight.
              I'm back on the road!
              Thanks everyone for the advice and offers. I appreciate it very much.

              Sioux
              '96 Force fed by the sun.