Re: [force_ev] Re: EV auto insurance

  • Craig Childers
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2000
      My Solectria manuals are very specific about using Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil
      (I think it's 5W30). I'm betting Castrol and Mobil 1 are not exactly the
      same. I'm not sure Castrol is even a full-synth.

      I'm told my Forces were built in the first batch, so they may be your
      Force's cousins!
      (The big build before year end (not sure what year) is discussed somewhere
      in the book on Solectria)
      How can you tell if it's number 1? Mine just make use of the old Geo VIN.

      How are you distributing your NiCds? (front VS rear)
      (I'm putting the actual SAFT box of 20 in the rear, and 4 more in the front.)
      Did you buy 2 120 volt SAFT packs like I did?
      Do you want to sell any of your spare modules?
      I am amazed that these things are still showing 6 volts after being in
      storage for so long (and running the DC-DC converter that's built into the
      SAFT pack. I didn't know these were in there.)

      Did you discover the wonderful surprise under the end-cover? (Kilovac
      contactors!)

      I think a Force GT has dual motors, but not necessarily NiCd batteries.

      Craig