RE: [force_ev] My mileage varies

  • umarc@hippogryph.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2002
      On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, BECKETT,WILL (HP-PaloAlto,ex1) wrote:

      > Yup. Do you have the thermal control on your batteries? Mine has this
      > though cars for California don't usually get it.

      My car came with heating pads in both battery compartments, along with
      button-shaped things that might be temperature sensors. I don't think the
      heaters actually work, though, and the one in the back compartment
      measures open on my ohmmeter.

      > My car was made for
      > Georgia Power, so had this plus AC.

      Mine has AC, too. I've only used it a couple of times; it isn't really
      necessary here in Massachusetts.

      > I was surprised to see the big difference rain can make on range.

      I actually don't notice much of a difference in rainy weather, but that
      may be because the variation with temperature is so pronounced that it
      conceals the effect of rain.

      >What are the road condition differences?

      Nothing observable; this has been a dry winter so far, with temperatures
      in the twenties one day and in the fifties the next. Tomorrow they say it
      may hit 60, but it'll be back into the freezer on Wednesday.

      Rob Landry
      umarc@...