Re: [solectria_ev] Need new motor

    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 6, 2008
      I was only intrested in it, to salvage the encoder wheel and sensor board...

      If the rotor is hitting the stator hard enough to make a loud noise, then
      its probably has damaged both the rotor and the stator... I don't know if
      it could be repaired, especily if part of the stator or rotor has broken
      off. :/

      I could open it up and take a look at it, you never know it could be a
      simple repair, but most likely it won't be. :/

      Wolf
      *wags his tail*
      www.wolftronix.com

    • solarjeremy
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 6, 2008
        Hey, Lynn,

        Andreas Kruspan, who just did a nice job of repairing our AMC325
        controller and updating our speed sensor board, has GT20 motors listed
        on his website.

        You can check it out at www.kruspan.ch or ask him at info@....

      • mehlsfamily@aol.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 7, 2008
          Hi Lynn,
          I wondered why you thought that the motor could not be repaired ?
          I used to work for am electric motor rewinding shop and we would take apart
          burned out motors, rewind them and put them all back together as good as new.
          Here's the website address of the company in the little town of Denmark, Maine
          _http://www.moirco.com/Moir_intro.htm_ (http://www.moirco.com/Moir_intro.htm)
          The website speaks of having your motor repair shop send them the motor to be
          rewound. It seems that there would be shops that could repair or find
          replacement parts for your motor.
          What about contacting Azure to see if they could refer you to someone ?

          Just thoughts. Good luck,
          Bill Mehls

        • Lynn Long
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 7, 2008
            Thank you,
            Azure said pretty much what everyone else has said, bad.
            Appreciate you thoughts.
            Lynn

            I wondered why you thought that the motor could not be repaired ?
            I used to work for am electric motor rewinding shop and we would take apart
            burned out motors, rewind them and put them all back together as good as new.
            Here's the website address of the company in the little town of Denmark, Maine
            _http://www.moirco com/Moir_ intro.htm_ (http://www.moirco com/Moir_ intro.htm)
            The website speaks of having your motor repair shop send them the motor to be
            rewound. It seems that there would be shops that could repair or find
            replacement parts for your motor.
            What about contacting Azure to see if they could refer you to someone ?

            Just thoughts. Good luck,
            Bill Mehls

            ************ **Psssst. ..Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,
            (http://www.stylelis t.com/trends? ncid=aolsty00050 000000014)

          • mike young
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 7, 2008
              i have 2 solectria motors as well as 2 controllers and a gearbox all sitting on the shelf collecting dust.I guess i should sell--anyone interested please email me off the list or give me a call at 315 879 7165. i live in upstate new york. mike young

              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 7, 2008
                if my email address isnt on there here it is myoung@... mike y

                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 7, 2008
                  I'm with Mike on this one. Before you give up on your motor take it
                  to a local motor rewind shop (every major city has one) and get their
                  cost to repair. If you opt not to repair, I'd be interested in buying
                  your "core" and trying to rebuild it.

                  -Reed

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 7, 2008
                    Are your motors the ACgtx20  ?????
                    Please contact me with a price.
                    Lynn
                    lynnstarr@...
                    661-965-6668
                    Thank you

                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 7, 2008
                      Try this link. You may have to "reconstruct" it if it has breaks or
                      spaces. The seller says he has others.

                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250281622887&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

                      Perhaps I am talking out of turn, but do we need to keep all the text
                      of a message when replying? Sometimes the same text is repeated over
                      and over until Yahoo starts to clip it.
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 8, 2008
                        Does anyone have an old Motorola data book I am looking for the specs on a
                        diode, see below... :)

                        BC1000 repair log:

                        Symptoms:
                        "It was blowing a fuse on a circuit board and I got the board fixed at a
                        local electronic shop. The unit now works, but over heats fast. Two
                        min. after I plug the charger it shut down. Then in about 5 min the
                        charger comes on again and it stops again in about 2 min."

                        Problem:
                        The original problem looks like it was hit by lighting (or pluged into
                        220AC), which caused the Transient Voltage Suppressor (Transorb) to
                        cunduct long enough to get so hot that it burned and delaminated the
                        fiberglass in the circuit board around the part. This would eventuly lead
                        to it blowing the fuse. This does look like the repair that the "local
                        electric shop" fixed. It looks like they replaced the shorted Transorb.

                        However, the main problem is that the output diode bridge recifier has
                        shorted diodes in it. This is shorting out the transformer's secondary
                        winding. This is causing the poor transformer to attempt to dissipate all
                        1000 watts of power from the primary. This causes it to heat up to the
                        thermal shut down, then it remains off for 5 mins while the transfomrer
                        cools below the cutoff, then it tries again. This thermal cycling was so
                        hot that it has melted the solder on the transformers pins, and cracked
                        the transformer mounting bracket.

                        This is an intresting failure mode, since the output from the transformer
                        is shorted, but it does not short out the battery pack, so the charger
                        sees the battery pack voltage and atempts to charge it, but no current is
                        delivered into the pack.

                        Now the tricky bit, I can repair the transformer... but I can't seem to
                        find the specs on the diodes... They are:

                        Motorola
                        T404
                        u1540

                        TO-220-2 package

                        Motorola's semicondutor divison was spinned off as Freescale... who sold
                        the design to ON semiconductor, who disavow all knowledge of any such
                        part.

                        About a year ago, I could have looked up the part in a circa 1990 Motorola
                        data book... but work desided, and I quote: "We don't need a library any
                        more, everything is on the internet."

                        I could use a modern standard silicon rectifier diode rated high enough
                        for this application, but I would feel better if I knew what the switching
                        time is for the T404 part.

                        That way I don't alter the switching characteristics of the bridge
                        rectifier, which would alter the transformer's EMI spectrum, and then
                        alter the switching characteristics of the H-bridge driving the
                        transformer, etc...

                        However this is a Solectria designed battery charger... and they don't
                        seem to focus on such things like EMI suppression. ;)

                        Anyway, I will look around some more for info on this part, before finding
                        a replacement for it...

                        Wolf
                        *wags his tail*
                        www.wolftronix.com
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 8, 2008
                          Never mind I found it. ^.^

                          http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MUR1520-D.PDF

                          Wolf
                          *wags his tail*
                          www.wolftronix.com

                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 14, 2008
                            Pictures for the repair:
                            http://www.wolftronix.com/BC1000_2/

                            Wolf
                            *wags his tail*
                            www.wolftronix.com

                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 14, 2008
                              If anyone has a BC1000 (working or broken) they want to sell, let me know.

                              Its a nice little charger for testing battery balencers.

                              Wolf
                              *wags his tail*
                              www.wolftronix.com