Regen limiter

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      I'm looking for some feedback on the possibility of installing a
      driver adjustable pot in the throttle circuit (in addition to the
      throttle.)

      I hate regen squeal during high SOC but I don't want to give up the
      benefits of regen by turning it all the way off. I have become very
      good at limiting how much regen happens with my right foot and adding
      needed friction braking with my left but it would be so nice to just
      be able to set the max regen amount for "off throttle" while driving.

      As we release the throttle I believe as the pot resistance changes it
      might be possible to add another pot or appropriate device and "fool"
      the controller into thinking that the throttle position is in a more
      forward position.

      By limiting the regen to no more than 20 amps max I find that the
      voltage pretty much stays below the 187V regen squeal threshhold. Max
      regen on my car is slightly over 80 amps at full regen.

      Does anyone think there is a way to do this electricially?

      Thanks,
      Mike Rydjord