charging

  • gwashburn01
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2008
      My Zivan NG3 charger went out a few weeks ago. My batteries went very
      low. I tried it today and it seems to be charging since the green
      light in the dash is flashing green. The counter under the green
      light is going down though. It started at 0 for some reason and is
      now at -20. Is this normal? Should I stop charging?

      Greg
      Wichita
    • Stephen Taylor

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2008
          Thanks

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Taylor <sparrow262@...>
          wrote:

          > If at some point the batteries got low enought that the AH meter
          wasn't getting any power it would reset to 0 when it did get power and
          thus the -20 would not be unheard of during charging. To be safe, you
          might check nattery voltages while the car is charging or the pack
          voltage by pulling the big Anderson connector that connects to the
          controller under the front hood.

          > Stephen Taylor
          >
          > gwashburn01 <gregwashburn@...> wrote:
          >
          > My Zivan NG3 charger went out a few weeks ago. My batteries went very
          > low. I tried it today and it seems to be charging since the green
          > light in the dash is flashing green. The counter under the green
          > light is going down though. It started at 0 for some reason and is
          > now at -20. Is this normal? Should I stop charging?
          >
          > Greg
          > Wichita

        • Ed Thorpe
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2008
            Helping to get a 1998 Solectria with a new gel battery pack running again. Everything works, drives, except the amp-hour meter doesn't seem to be working. I replaced the fuse in the amp-hour counter, but the display is still blank. Any suggestions on how to toubleshoot this issue?

            BR,
            Ed

          • Will Beckett (PCSolutions)
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2008
              The control unit for this is under the steering column in a black box. If
              it smells like a burned PC board, then check the fuse and resistor in the
              shrink tubing going to the box. Also, on the board in the box, the
              connection of the pack voltage have traces right next to each other on this
              board. I cut the tract and jumped the cut trace with a wire. It hasn't
              failed since.

              - Will
              Aptos, CA 95003
              (831) 688-8669