RE: [force_ev] New batteries in the Force
- View SourceMy contact information can be found through the link below my name.
Saturday I will be at the EAA members and board meeting all day.
The basic steps for a battery replacement:
1) disconnect the the main disconnect
2) disconnect the main battery connector
3) remove the controller
4) (if you have AC) pull the AC out to the bumper
5) remove the top cover of the battery compartment
6) remove the trunk cover
7) disconnect batteries and thermal control systems.
When connecting up the batteries, make the last connection the main positive
wire near the back seat. There will be a big spark but it won't be a
problem. Otherwise, put everything back in the same order.
Contact information (https://ecardfile.com/id/will_beckett
From: sonia_dix [mailto:sonia_dix@...]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: [force_ev] New batteries in the Force
Hi again, Will-
Very interested to hear about your new battery installation. Thanks again
for forwarding those pages altho I can't figure out how to get the oversize
to print entirely with my printer. Anyway, Solectria is now sending me a
shop manual (you were right, they are NOW willing to sell me one--$50). Hope
it arrives in time for the new batteries, due to arrive next week. Wonder if
you'd provide your phone no. to me for help if I need it? Mine is
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]