RE: [force_ev] New batteries in the Force

  • BECKETT,WILL (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2002
      My contact information can be found through the link below my name.
      Saturday I will be at the EAA members and board meeting all day.

      The basic steps for a battery replacement:

      1) disconnect the the main disconnect
      2) disconnect the main battery connector
      3) remove the controller
      4) (if you have AC) pull the AC out to the bumper
      5) remove the top cover of the battery compartment
      ----
      6) remove the trunk cover
      7) disconnect batteries and thermal control systems.

      When connecting up the batteries, make the last connection the main positive
      wire near the back seat. There will be a big spark but it won't be a
      problem. Otherwise, put everything back in the same order.

      - Will

      Will Beckett
      Contact information (https://ecardfile.com/id/will_beckett
      <https://ecardfile.com/id/will_beckett> )