Shunt issues

  • EVdave
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 21, 2008
      ok, my previous post was somewhat wrong..... with _*A LOT*_ of help and
      patience from Dave Paterson and Mike (ldr) i've learned so much more
      about my E10... i cant thank them enough......

      What started out as a charging error lead me to find that I had two
      shunts in my fuse box. Both are/were 100A/60mv. Thus, my amp and Ah
      gauge were reading only 50% of their true values.... Brand new
      batteries too.... I did try to break them in correctly, always running
      it in econ but 120amp vs 240???? but luckily for me, ive only put about
      50 miles on them since they were put in, trying to keep the amps below
      100 on the gauge, (200 i guess in reality)... Anyway, Wolf, do you
      know what type of shunt you have in your vehicle? (We have IDENTICAL
      models) Yesterday, I removed one of the shunts and am now driving
      around based upon the readings from that but i still need to do some
      testing to make sure the gauges now read correct.

      Dave Banas
      Yardley, PA

      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 11, 2009
        There is a 1999 Force for sale on eBay.

        Info from eBay:

        Title: 1999 Solectria Force Electric Car

        Mileage: 3,168 miles

        Location: Deltona, Florida

        http://tinyurl.com/7hls7o

        Noel L