EV drag racing!! Las Vegas NEDRA race (fwd)

  • Mike Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2002
      bcc: all ev lists

      Las Vegas (Nevada) - March 23, 2002 8:00 am (NEDRA season opener)
      http://www.nedra.com/
      http://www.nedra.com/upcoming.html

      Note that all EVs are welcome regardless of speed as long as they meet
      safety standards. Even NEVs, neighborhood EVs can race if you want.
      There are electric vehicle dragsters doing the 1/4 mile in 8.8 seconds at
      137mph!
      The EV1 takes 16.2 seconds at 79mph. There are some FAST EVs at these
      EVents.

      The slower EVs also make for fun races as people compare vehicles, swap
      stories and cross the finish line, most of the time! :-;

      Contact Richard if you'd like to attend or enter. It's a good opportunity
      to meet other EV people and enjoy some friendly competition.

      Forwarded NEDRA EV drag race announcement:

      > The first NEDRA EVent for 2002 is set for March 23rd, at the "Las Vegas
      > Motor Speedway". We were finally able to work out the details with the
      >
      > There will be a big generator there on Saturday for charging
      > (110v and 220v). The best way to connect to the generator is with flying
      > leads. The NEDRA spider box will also be available for charging with the
      > 14-50 plug.
      >
      > www.lasvegasev.com
      > Richard Furniss
      > Las Vegas, NV
      > 1986 Mazda EX-7 192v

      Later, "A rainbow is only part of a circle." San Joser, CA
      ^ ^ Software Consultants: http://www.migration.com/
      O o Permanent: m.t.thompson@...
      ===-o-=== My catbox: http://www.madkatz.com/
      Ack! Phththpph!

      2001 Clean Air Champion http://www.baaqmd.gov/pie/press/cachamp01.pdf

      My True Zero Emission Vehicle (TZEV) GM EV1 and my home are powered
      by the 100% renewable, Zero Emissions Electricity (ZEE) 30kWh/day
      Solar Electric (PV) system on my roof:
      http://www.madkatz.com/pv/index.html

      Sometimes I see gas cars... In my rearview mirror! http://www.gmev.com/

      President, Electric Auto Association, San Jose Chapter
      http://www.geocities.com/sjeaa/

      Electric Vehicle Email List Instructions: (EVList members: Bookmark it!)
      http://www.madkatz.com/ev/evlist.html