RE: [solectria_ev] Range Test

  • Will Beckett (PCSolutions)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12 10:30 AM
      Solectria use to recommend not going over 45 amp/hr on a regular basis.
      Every time you get to the point of the batteries current limiting, you will
      be reducing the life of the batteries. I assume you did the break-in
      recommendation on the batteries (not more than 20 amp/hrs, don't use the
      full power setting, for the first 10 trips). I believe it has become clear
      that the batteries will last a lot longer if you always drive using the
      Normal position. The difference in doing these thing can be 10K vs. 20K+
      for battery life and at $2500 a pack, that is a big deal.

      -Will

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12 12:12 PM
        Will,
        That is good advise. When I got my AGMs two years ago, I forgot to warn my wife to take it easy, she came back with over 65 Ah, she likes to use the A/C any way two years later and I get a pretty good sag at 20 Ah, and I can see that there are very few hard accellerations left from here. Fortunately we don't need to go more than 20 miles a day. When I checked all of the batteries individually they were within .1v after 80% SOC and the  Ahs  seemed to be well matched as well. I guess we will never see 40 Ahs again on this set. Maybe Lithium will be affordable by the time this set is shot.
        Bouty

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13 7:44 AM
            Will,
            I probably have 6 or 7 thousand on this pack. My first set I used floodeds like my owners mnl called for but they didn;t last 18 mos, I was hard on them tho. We don't travel all that much especially since we have four vehicles. I use the 92 Solecria for most of the round town stuff rarely need more than 10 or 15 miles a day.
            Bouty

            --- On Sat, 7/12/08, Will Beckett (PCSolutions) <will@beckettpcsolut ions.com