RE: [force_ev] Fwd: Contact Voltage Vehicles to buy a Solectria E V

  • BECKETT,WILL (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2001
      OK, but what is the chassis and how much will they charge?

      - Will

      Will Beckett
      Contact information (https://ecardfile.com/id/will_beckett
      <https://ecardfile.com/id/will_beckett> )

      Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:50:08 -0500
      From: "Karl Thidemann" <thidemann@...> | Block Address
      To: "Karl Thidemann" <thidemann@...>
      Subject: Solectria Press Release - December 14, 2001

      NEWS RELEASE
      For Immediate Release: December 14, 2001
      New Manufacturing, Distribution Channel for Electric Transportation
      SOLECTRIA SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH AUTODISTRIBUTORS/VOLTAGE
      VEHICLES

      WOBURN, Mass. - Solectria Corporation today announced it has signed a
      Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with AutoDistributors, Inc. of Fulton,
      California. The two parties have agreed to work together to assemble the
      Solectria Force four-door electric sedan at a qualified assembly facility
      for customers in the 48 contiguous states through an approved dealership
      network, Voltage Vehicles.

      "We are excited to announce this new relationship with Auto
      Distributors / Voltage Vehicles," said Doug Alderton, National Sales
      Manager of Solectria Corporation. "Their market experience convinced us
      that they were the ideal partner to carry on production of one of
      America's most popular electric cars," Alderton said.

      "We're pleased to add Solectria's world-class technology to our
      product line," said Steve Schneider, founder of Voltage Vehicles.
      "Solectria's electric sedan offers consumers a rugged and reliable
      four-passenger zero emission sedan well-suited to the demands of daily
      travel."

      Voltage Vehicles is a publicly-held subsidiary of Advanced Wireless
      Systems, Inc.. AutoDistributors -- a supplier of clean
      transportation technology including electric scooters, electric
      bicycles, and electric motorcycles -- is the privately-held assembly,
      promotion, and distribution arm for Voltage Vehicles.

      Solectria Corporation develops and manufactures a wide range of
      components for electric, hybrid, and fuel cell vehicles, and for the
      distributed generation of electric power. Solectria also offers
      comprehensive engineering services for electric drivetrain design and
      integration. Over 2000 vehicles worldwide - including cars, trucks,
      buses, and industrial machines - rely on Solectria's proprietary drive
      system technology. Solectria's Composite Engineering and Process
      Technology Group provides composites process engineering, and develops
      manufacturing equipment for composites parts production.

      ###
      For more information, visit http://www.solectria.com
      <http://www.solectria.com> and
      http://www.voltagevehicles.com <http://www.voltagevehicles.com> Media
      contacts: Karl Thidemann,
      Solectria Corporation, tel 781-932-9009, email
      thidemann@..., http://www.solectria.com <http://www.solectria.com>

      Steve Schneider, Voltage Vehicles, tel 707-525-8658, Email
      newcardealer@..., http://www.voltagevehicles.com
      <http://www.voltagevehicles.com>
      --
      Karl Thidemann
      Director of Communications

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=210353.1778862.3296836.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050832
      69:HM/A=900179/R=0/*http://www.capcom.com/Yahoo/yahoo.xpml>

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=210353.1778862.3296836.1261774/D=egroupmai
      l/S=1705083269:HM/A=900179/rand=270168173>

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • David Roden (Akron OH USA)
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2001
        On 22 Dec 2001 at 13:19, BECKETT,WILL (HP-PaloAlto,ex1) wrote:

        > what is the chassis and how much will they charge?

        I wonder that too, but haven't called them yet to find out. Sorry!

        David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
        1991 Solectria Force 144vac
        1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
        1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc
        1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
        Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all
        thou knowest." Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.