Re: [solectria_ev] New Charger

  • Bill or Dorothy Swann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2008
      It works fine. It will have to be programmed for the battery type. What that means, I am not sure. I will say that the NG3 is tolerant of being drenched with rain, and a cup of coffee. It turns itself off, with a beeping noise.
      Bill S
      '96 Force,156 volts nominal
      www.hstech.biz

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2008
        Sunnybanklad:

        Yes.? I have two Zivan NG3 chargers in my 1992 Force.
        As the man said, you need to have them programmed for the battery type and voltage.
        Mine have worked well.? I have one for 240 volts and one for 120 volts.? They are hooked in parallel and I only connect one up to the power at a time.

        I am waiting for the day when Zivan can make an omnivorous charger that eats either 240 or 120 volts.? Also I would like to see a power factor correction front end and a switch that can adjust the power draw down when I plug into those wimpy 15 amp circuits at friends' houses.

        Sincerely,

        Gary Carlson
        gjc0@...