Basic wiring - Brakes lights

  • Gerard (Gary) Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008
      Greetings:

      The brake lights on my 1992 Force are actuated by a switch that is located above the brake pedal.? You need to lay on your back looking up under the dash?to view the switch.? It is fixed to a bracket next to the brake pedal arm.? When you step on the brake, the brake pedal arm moves away from the switch? and causes the brake lights to go on.

      Solectria has a rely located under the dash behind the ashtray.? Its coil is activated by the regen function of the controller.? When the regen is braking hard, the relay turns on.? You can usually hear the click during regen.? The normally open contacts of this relay connect in parallel with the wires coming from the brake light switch discussed in the first paragraph.
      This parallel combination allows either the brake pedal or the regen relay to turn on the brake lights.

      Gary Carlson
      gjc0@...