Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Dead equipment repository.

  • Bill or Dorothy Swann
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2008
      I uploaded photos of the defective BC3300 charger. In particular, photos the defective capacitors that are shown. I can isolate the PC board upon which the capacitors are placed. But can replacements be found, with the rectangular form factor?
      Thanks, Bill s

      Message 2 of 8 , May 11, 2008
        You should be able to find similar caps on the internet, from somewhere like Digikey. But
        typically the failure begins in the board, with the heat being generated where the leads of
        the caps solder to the board. If the caps have melted so much, you may have some major
        heat in the board, so that you may not be able to repair it. It's worth looking at though.

        Ken