Re: [solectria_ev] Solectria Force Batteries

  • S B
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2008
      I'm in Pasadena, CA. Where did you get a price of
      $145, Lynn?

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Ray Darby
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2008
        Hi Lynn,

        I find that Cell Energy in Sacramento (800-321-0714) usually has the best battery prices around. Check it out and let us know their price....

        - Ray Darby
        2000 Ford Ranger EV
        1996 Solectria Force EV
        1983 Grumman EV

        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2008
          Yes, I have one.
          I want to know what the old timer did, what it controlled? Was it just the charger or any other function?
          Thank you

          ldr214 <replytome@...> wrote:
          Welcome,
          Have you thought about just making a timer/controller for the 240V
          line to the charger. Pool and motor equipment timers are available in
          many flavors and fairly reasonably priced. Put one in a electricial
          box with a inlet and outlet and adjust as necessary.

          Mike Rydjord

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Long" <lynnstarr@...> wrote:

          > I've brought back to life an S-10 Solectria.
          > Very happy with the results.
          > I am looking for the clock/timer that controlled the Solectria battery
          > charger?
          >
          > We were able to have Edison install a Dedicated second Meter. Now with
          > off time charging we get a great rate. About 3000 miles a month for
          > $40.00 in electricity.
          >
          > We're new to this site, looking forward to everyones knowledge.
          >
          > Lynn

        • Lynn Long

            Message 5 of 13 , May 1, 2008
              Palmdale CA
              Battery Systems 661-267-0409
              $145.76 each
              Let me know when your in town.
              Lynn

              S B <sunnybanklad@...> wrote:
              I'm in Pasadena, CA. Where did you get a price of
              $145, Lynn?

              --- "Gerard (Gary) Carlson " <gjc0@...> wrote:

              > Lynn Long:
              >
              > Sorry, but I meant to write MK 8G27 not 8G24
              > batteries.
              > I have gotten a quote from American Battery Company
              > of Hayward, CA for $191.75
              > each.? I am about to get final quotes.? Do you have
              > a favorite battery supplier that you recommend?
              >

              > Gary Carlson
              > gjc0@...

            • Lynn Long