Solectria Force Batteries

  • Gerard (Gary) Carlson
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30 8:37 PM
      Lynn Long:

      Sorry, but I meant to write MK 8G27 not 8G24 batteries.
      I have gotten a quote from American Battery Company of Hayward, CA for $191.75
      each.? I am about to get final quotes.? Do you have a favorite battery supplier that you recommend?

      Gary Carlson
      gjc0@...

      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2008
        I'm in Pasadena, CA. Where did you get a price of
        $145, Lynn?

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Ray Darby
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2008
          Hi Lynn,

          I find that Cell Energy in Sacramento (800-321-0714) usually has the best battery prices around. Check it out and let us know their price....

          - Ray Darby
          2000 Ford Ranger EV
          1996 Solectria Force EV
          1983 Grumman EV

          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2008
            Yes, I have one.
            I want to know what the old timer did, what it controlled? Was it just the charger or any other function?
            Thank you

            ldr214 <replytome@...> wrote:
            Welcome,
            Have you thought about just making a timer/controller for the 240V
            line to the charger. Pool and motor equipment timers are available in
            many flavors and fairly reasonably priced. Put one in a electricial
            box with a inlet and outlet and adjust as necessary.

            Mike Rydjord

            --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Long" <lynnstarr@...> wrote:

            > I've brought back to life an S-10 Solectria.
            > Very happy with the results.
            > I am looking for the clock/timer that controlled the Solectria battery
            > charger?
            >
            > We were able to have Edison install a Dedicated second Meter. Now with
            > off time charging we get a great rate. About 3000 miles a month for
            > $40.00 in electricity.
            >
            > We're new to this site, looking forward to everyones knowledge.
            >
            > Lynn

          • Lynn Long

              Message 6 of 13 , May 1, 2008
                Palmdale CA
                Battery Systems 661-267-0409
                $145.76 each
                Let me know when your in town.
                Lynn

                S B <sunnybanklad@...> wrote:
                I'm in Pasadena, CA. Where did you get a price of
                $145, Lynn?

                --- "Gerard (Gary) Carlson " <gjc0@...> wrote:

                > Lynn Long:
                >
                > Sorry, but I meant to write MK 8G27 not 8G24
                > batteries.
                > I have gotten a quote from American Battery Company
                > of Hayward, CA for $191.75
                > each.? I am about to get final quotes.? Do you have
                > a favorite battery supplier that you recommend?
                >

                > Gary Carlson
                > gjc0@...

              • Lynn Long