Re:New member question Re: Charger Repair (...response from Azure Dynam

  • Beth Silverman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2008
      Hello Eric (and the rest of the Solectria EV group)

      I understand you and Scott Parisi have communicated about your charger,
      and Scott said he's shipping it back to you today. I'm sorry it took so
      long, and I'm also very sorry we were unable to repair it.

      We wish we could fix every Force component, but unfortunately we have
      very few spare parts still available. Many of the board-level
      components are obsolete themselves, and we are not able to dedicate the
      resources to supporting/updating older components that have been
      superseded by our later designs. Though business plans can change, at
      this time Azure is focusing on the commercial vehicle market (Class
      3/4/5 trucks and buses) and we are not planning to offer electric
      passenger cars as Solectria did.

      However, we will continue to assist owners of Solectria vehicles if we
      possibly can, and I encourage you all to communicate with us.

      Regards

      Beth Silverman
      Azure Dynamics