New member question Re: Charger Repair

  • Terry White
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 9:24 AM
      Can anyone give me a suggestion on where to get a charger BC1000
      repaired?
    • ehsif727
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 12:23 PM
        I think I can tell you where not to get it repaired. I had two BC1000
        chargers in my 1996 Forced one was not working. I sent it to Adure,
        care of Scott Parisi. That was about 8 months ago. I was told that I
        was correct it is broken. They told me they have no parts to fix it.
        I asked them to return it and they said they would. They never did
        return it even after several call to them ask them to send it. I still
        have not got my broken charger back.

        Eric Fisher

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 7:52 PM
          I would be willing to take a look at it... If its more then 144 volts,
          then I need to find some extra batteries. ;)

          > Can anyone give me a suggestion on where to get a charger BC1000
          > repaired?

        • Beth Silverman
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2 11:56 AM
            Dear Eric and other Solectria EV folks

            Beth Silverman from Azure Dynamics here. I would like to apologize
            on behalf of Scott Parisi and the company. Eric did indeed ask Scott
            to send his charger back, and we have no excuse other than "it fell
            through the cracks."

            I would encourage anyone to call or email me directly if you need
            something from Azure, or any kind of follow up. Please don't wait
            for months to pass!

            As much as we wish we could repair Force and E-10 electronic
            components, often we cannot, but we are trying to support our
            vehicles and components as best we can.

            Regards

            Beth
            bsilverman@...
            781-932-9009x224

            ***********************

            --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "ehsif727" <ehsif727@...> wrote:

            > I think I can tell you where not to get it repaired. I had two
            BC1000
            > chargers in my 1996 Forced one was not working. I sent it to Adure,
            > care of Scott Parisi. That was about 8 months ago. I was told
            that I
            > was correct it is broken. They told me they have no parts to fix
            it.
            > I asked them to return it and they said they would. They never did
            > return it even after several call to them ask them to send it. I
            still
            > have not got my broken charger back.
            >

            > Eric Fisher
            >

            > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Terry White" <tjoe_vwbus@>
            wrote:

            > > Can anyone give me a suggestion on where to get a charger BC1000
            > > repaired?
          • ehsif727
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 13 9:59 AM
              Beth

              I see you wrote to the group about my charger. I still want to get it
              repaired but you have it and say you can't fix it because you have no
              parts. I was told that you would be the place to get it fixed by a
              member of this site. I wish that was true but your support of the
              Force seems very limited. The Force was an excellent car and I think
              that if this car had support, a new electric car produced by Azure
              would be considered a product of choice above other electric cars
              coming to the market. I have not heard from you since you wrote to
              the group nor has my old charger been returned. You should have my
              phone number but here it is 559-855-8131. Give me a call if you have
              a date you plan to return my charger.

              Eric Fisher

              --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Silverman"

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 13 10:43 AM
                I found the 2007 Department of Energy Annual Progress Report for the
                Advanced Power Electronics and Electric Machinery Program.

                http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/pdfs/program/2007_apeem_report.pdf

                I don't know how many will find this intresting, but it is your tax
                dollars at work. ;)

                Topics are:
                Thermal Management and Systems
                Electric Machinery Research and Technology Development
                Power Electronics Research and Technology Development
                Systems Research and Technology Development

                I realy liked: "Utilizing the Traction Drive Power Electronics System to
                Provide Plug-in Capability for HEVs"

                Wolf
                *wags his tail*
                www.wolftronix.com