Down town San Jose park for free decal.

  • Mike Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2008
      Hi all,

      I just barely got accepted into the Clean Air parking program for
      Downtown San Jose where I park and charge my electric truck often. The
      list of vehicles in the link below does not have US Electricar or
      Solectria vehicles listed. That's why I was initially declined for the
      parking decal. After they finally figured out that my registration has
      the fuel listed as 'E' for electric, they gave me the ok to receive the
      sticker. So, if you are a San Jose resident and want the parking
      sticker that allows you to park for free, make sure you circle the fuel
      type clearly on your registration to remind them to look! I talked to
      them twice and made sure that they know that Solectria and US
      Electricar vehicles are genuine EV's. They may not remember!! I also
      let them know that many home brewed vehicles with have the fuel type
      'E' listed on their registration as well.

      The decal allows free parking at the garages listed and at all parking
      meters. The only one not on there that has pay parking is the SJ
      Convention center. There is an EV spot there with charging however.

      The decal is $30/year.

      http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/clean_air_program.php

      Mike
    • Will Beckett (PCSolutions)
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2008
        Normally they just ask to see the registration and only look at the type of
        fuel. At least that is the way they check here in Santa Cruz.

        -Will

[...]

        HYPERLINK
        "http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/clean_air_program.php"http://www.sjdowntow
        nparking.com/clean_air_program.php

        Mike

        Checked by AVG.
        10:03 AM

        Checked by AVG.
        10:03 AM

      • Mike Phillips
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2008
          They didn't know that the fuel type was listed on the registration
          until today. This is a new program for the SJ DOT.

          Mike

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Will Beckett \(PCSolutions\)"
          <will@...> wrote:

          > Normally they just ask to see the registration and only look at the
          type of
          > fuel. At least that is the way they check here in Santa Cruz.
          >
          > -Will

          3/27/2008
          > 10:03 AM

          > Checked by AVG.