Palm Pilot software for E-Meter

  • Mike Thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2001
      Peter Ohler developed the MOST excellent EV1DASH Palm Pilot program.

      Well, he's at it again. I was waiting for someone to write a Palm Pilot
      App to talk to the E-Meter. You need the E-meter with the serial port
      option. The Sparrow E-Meter doesn't have this option by default. I don't
      know about the Force.

      Peter's DONE it!

      Here it is:
      http://www.ohler.com/palm/EVDash.html

      If you use it DON'T FORGET THE OPTO_ISOLATOR - the E-meter serial port IS
      NOT ISOLATED from the high voltage pack!!!!

      Be nice to Peter, He does great stuff. I suspect this is an early version
      and if it tracks the EV1Dash, you'll many cool new features in it as time
      goes based on Peter's ideas and feedback from users.

      Later, "A rainbow is only part of a circle." San Joser, CA
      ^ ^ Software Consultants: http://www.migration.com/
      O o Permanent: m.t.thompson@...
      ===-o-=== My catbox: http://www.madkatz.com/
      Ack! Phththpph!

      2001 Clean Air Champion http://www.baaqmd.gov/pie/press/cachamp01.pdf

      True Zero Emission Vehicle (TZEV) GM EV1 and my home powered by
      100% renewable, Zero emission 30kWh/day Solar Electric (PV) system
      on my roof: http://www.madkatz.com/pv/index.html

      Sometimes I see gas cars... In my rearview mirror! http://www.gmev.com/

      President, Electric Auto Association, San Jose Chapter
      http://www.geocities.com/sjeaa/

      Electric Vehicle Email List Instructions: (EVList members: Bookmark it!)
      http://www.madkatz.com/ev/evlist.html
    • JohnMcCain
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2001
        Don't know about the Palm, since I'm not into those, but I've been using
        BRUSA's software on a Stylistic pen computer in my force for a month or two
        now. I plan to write my own dash program, but their's works well. I have
        the computer placed on the console for now... hopefully it'll be customized
        into the dash when I get around to the physical stuff.

        My force has a BRUSA controller with a RS-422 interface. Since my car has
        a BRUSA e-meter, and I don't have any real info on it, I elected to use the
        controller interface. I used a custom converter cable to convert that to
        RS-232 and put it into the serial port on this pen-based 486 PC. Works
        like a champ.

        Didn't plan to brag about it until I had time to write my own software, but
        this is worth playing with, and it gives lots of info from the
        controller... more than my planned e-dash program will provide. The
        software can be downloaded form BRUSA's web site. If anyone is interested
        I can provide details on the RS-422 to RS-232 converter.

        Cheers,
        JohnM
        '92 Solectria Force
        http://mccainhome.com/ev/index.html