Re: [solectria_ev] 120 v 1994 Geo Metro Charger Fan

  • Gerard (Gary) Carlson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      Pack Rat:

      My 1992 Solectria 120 volt charger's fan is directly wired to the incoming 120 volts so it is always on.? My charger has a grill over the fan that can get bent and block the fan blade from rotating.? Check that the blade turns freely and if necessary, open up the charger and trace the fan wires to see if they connected directly to the incoming 120 or go through a switch of some kind.

      I think you were wise to unplug it and check? first about the fan.

      Sincerely,

      Gary Carlson
      1992 Solectria Force:? AMPEATR
      gjc0@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
        Hello,

        Turns out the charger has a temp sensor. The fan kicked on by
        itself after a while. Don't know what kind of charger it is yet. I
        connected the DC-DC converter . The Amp meter works and the DOME light !!!

        The batteries were charging strongly at 14-15v each. I got them to
        go up from .1 v to 9 v. I don't think there are any amps behind the
        voltage reading. I'm just trying to see if I can get anything out of
        them to test the controller and motor. They are NF22 batteries from
        Interstate and are rated at 12v - 55ah .

        Frigid in New England !

        Thanks All.