Re: [solectria_ev] 1994 Geo Metro Charger Fan

  • Jay Grossman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007
      Are you seeing the green light (indicating charging) on the count up amp hour meter and the meter counting down?

      As an observation, at home my voltage is 240v at the outlet and my fan runs. At my office the voltage at the outlet is at best 200v and the fan does not run. The charger operates at the office, batteries recharge but no fan noise.

      There are fuses in my charger and at one point a fuse failed and required replacement.
      Jay H Grossman

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007
        Hello Jay,

        >>> I have'nt connected the controller yet.
        Therefore I don't have any readouts on the dash yet.

        I will open up the charger and check fuses and test the fan separately.
        The charger has a DIN connector on it. Not sure what it is used for.
        There is a cut wire near it with multiple color wires in it.

        I found a main power wire cut in two.

        So I'm being careful and inspecting everything.

        Thanks,
        MArk

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Jay Grossman <jgrossm3@...> wrote:

        > Are you seeing the green light (indicating charging) on the count up
        amp hour meter and the meter counting down?

        > As an observation, at home my voltage is 240v at the outlet and my
        fan runs. At my office the voltage at the outlet is at best 200v and
        the fan does not run. The charger operates at the office, batteries
        recharge but no fan noise.

        > There are fuses in my charger and at one point a fuse failed and
        required replacement.
        > Jay H Grossman

      • Jay Grossman
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007
          Mark,
          The fuse which I refer to has an access point on the outside of the case. I did not have to open up the case to inspect or replace the fuse.

          Is there a make and model number on the charger. Others in the group have had charger issues and the make and model number may help find someone who has had similar issues.
          Jay H Grossman