Intermittent Running

  • theenergyguy2004
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
      I'm having a problem with my 97 Solectria Force sedan just "up and
      quitting" every so often. I'll put my foot all the way down on the
      accelerator and it will just creep and groan and inch forward slowly.
      But then I'll let it sit for a minute or two and it will go again.

      I remember reading recently about someone who sounded like they had a
      similar problem and they replaced the DB9 connector. What about the
      DB25 connector? Also, is it necessary to disconnect all power (aux and
      main battery pack) before replacing the connectors? Any other
      suggestions related to this problem?

      The car first started out with a similar problem but, in that case, the
      car wouldn't go forward but it would go backwards. Sometimes it would
      go forward but not backward. I ended up replacing both the speed
      sensor and the speed sensor circuit board and the problem went away
      until this new one showed up a few hundred miles later! Kind of
      frustrating! Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

      - Ray Darby
    • Dorothy Swann
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
        I had a go/no go problem that was traced to an intermittant connection under the dash. The intermittant connector is a plactic type, and there were 3 installed in my '95 Force. I removed them and hard soldered the connection. The faulty connection was discovered by jiggling the connectors when I expected the car to move.
        Bill S

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
          Thanks, Bill - can you tell me where under the dash?

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
            I uploaded a description of the steps I took to replace some
            defective IDC electrical connectors. They are located in the file
            section "Elecrical connecdtor replacement (under dashboard)
            Bill S
            --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Darby" <raydarby@...> wrote:

            > Thanks, Bill - can you tell me where under the dash?

          • Ray Darby
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
              Thank you Bill!

              - Ray Darby