Solectria Vehicle Manuals

  • Karl Thidemann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2001
      Greetings,

      I'm writing to thank John and Don for the kind words, and to let you
      know that Solectria offers customers Owner's Manuals and Service Manuals
      for their vehicles. As John wrote, our customer service department (tel
      978-658-2231 or <customerservice@...>) can provide full
      details.

      Best wishes,
      Karl Thidemann
      Solectria

      <<Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:20:47 -0500
      From: John McCain <jmccain@...>

      I'd just give Solectria customer support a call. They're nice people
      ... >>

      <<Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:00:26 -0500
      From: "Don Buckshot" <scanner@...>

      I'm delighted with the car ...>>
    • John McCain
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2001
        Hi Karl,
        Great to see Solectria represented here. This is my final post on this
        subject...

        The manual I have is the Service Manual. It is for the '92 2-door sedan
        models so there should be a different version for each year/model. It has
        a good level of technical info and I think it is well worth purchasing.

        Table of Contents reads:
        =====
        Introduction
        Description
        Additional Service Information

        Drive Motor
        Description/location
        Adjustment of drive belt
        Replacement of drive belt
        Replacement of drive motor

        Automatic Transmission
        Description/location
        Checking oil level
        Changing transmission oil
        Replacement of lower transmission mount
        Replacement of transmission

        Battery
        Description/location
        Preventive Maintenance
        Checking battery condition
        Battery replacement
        Battery box fan replacement

        Electrical Wiring
        Appendix A
        Wiring Diagrams

        Appendix B
        Parts list

        =====
        Cheers,
        JohnM

        >Greetings,
        >
        >I'm writing to thank John and Don for the kind words, and to let you
        >know that Solectria offers customers Owner's Manuals and Service Manuals
        >for their vehicles. As John wrote, our customer service department (tel
        >978-658-2231 or <customerservice@...>) can provide full
        >details.
        >
        >Best wishes,
        >Karl Thidemann
        >Solectria
        >
        ><<Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:20:47 -0500
        >From: John McCain <jmccain@...>
        >
        >I'd just give Solectria customer support a call. They're nice people
        >... >>
        >
        ><<Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:00:26 -0500
        >From: "Don Buckshot" <scanner@...>
        >
        >I'm delighted with the car ...>>

        '92 Solectria Force
        http://www.mccainhome.com/ev
      • Tom Hudson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25, 2001
          Let me second John's comments. The Solectria service manual is a MUST HAVE
          item for anyone wanting to do work on their vehicles. The manuals include
          procedures for working on the various components, and information on how to
          do service on these systems safely.

          -Tom

          Thomas Hudson
          http://portev.org/solectria/ho -- Our Electric Vehicles