High voltage fuses

  • Joshua Goldstein
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
      Hi group,
      Just wanted to post a note about the high-voltage fuse
      configuration which is confusing. My electric heater ('99 Force) wasn't
      working and it was because there was a blown 6 amp fuse where the 20 amp
      heater fuse should be (and the 20 amp fuse was in the 6 amp DC-DC fuse
      slot). Turns out the order listed in the 1997 manual online is not the
      order of the fuses in my 1999 car, so don't assume.
      In my car anyway, the correct fuses are as follows. (The
      high-voltage fuse box is under the hood, passenger side, in front of the
      service disconnect near the rear of the compartment). All are 250V fuses.
      Closest to front of car -- 2A, for the amp-hour meter
      Next back -- 20A slow-blow, for the electric heater
      Third back -- 20A, for the air conditioner
      Rearmost -- 6A, for the DC-DC system.
      The '97 manual (p.46) lists them just by number, as 1) DC-DC, 2)
      Heater, 3) Air, 4) amp meter. Maybe they're in that order in the '97
      Force (?).
      Happy driving,
      Joshua Goldstein