Re: Dangling relay,'96 Force

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
      Bill,
      You are probably looking at the relay for the electric heater element.
      Heater relay is a clear rectangular relay about 1 inch square and 2.5
      inches long. The factory originally had it secured by the floor of the
      center console
      Mike R

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Swann" <dbswann4@...> wrote:

      > A relay connected to some wires dangles near the accelerator pedal.
      > Does anyone know of it's purpose?
      > Bill S

    • Joshua Goldstein
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
        Hi group,
        Just wanted to post a note about the high-voltage fuse
        configuration which is confusing. My electric heater ('99 Force) wasn't
        working and it was because there was a blown 6 amp fuse where the 20 amp
        heater fuse should be (and the 20 amp fuse was in the 6 amp DC-DC fuse
        slot). Turns out the order listed in the 1997 manual online is not the
        order of the fuses in my 1999 car, so don't assume.
        In my car anyway, the correct fuses are as follows. (The
        high-voltage fuse box is under the hood, passenger side, in front of the
        service disconnect near the rear of the compartment). All are 250V fuses.
        Closest to front of car -- 2A, for the amp-hour meter
        Next back -- 20A slow-blow, for the electric heater
        Third back -- 20A, for the air conditioner
        Rearmost -- 6A, for the DC-DC system.
        The '97 manual (p.46) lists them just by number, as 1) DC-DC, 2)
        Heater, 3) Air, 4) amp meter. Maybe they're in that order in the '97
        Force (?).
        Happy driving,
        Joshua Goldstein