Re: [solectria_ev] Speed Sensor Symptom

  • Mike Chancey
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2007
      Jeremy, this sounds like a potbox problem to me. I believe there is
      an old thread about cleaning or replacing it here somewhere.

      Thanks,

      Mike Chancey,
      '88 Civic EV
      Kansas City, Missouri
      EV Photo Album at: http://evalbum.com
      My Electric Car at: http://www.geocities.com/electric_honda
      Mid-America EAA chapter at: http://maeaa.org
      Join the EV List at: http://www.madkatz.com/ev/evlist.html

      In medio stat virtus - Virtue is in the moderate, not the extreme
      position. (Horace)
    • solarjeremy
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2007
        If that was the case, why would the motor run smoothly with one wheel
        off the ground? Also, the jerking occurs no matter where the
        accelerator pedal is, both for acceleration and deceleration (regen).

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Mike Chancey <echancey@...>
        wrote:

        > Jeremy, this sounds like a potbox problem to me. I believe there
        is
        > an old thread about cleaning or replacing it here somewhere.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mike Chancey,
        > '88 Civic EV
        > Kansas City, Missouri
        > EV Photo Album at: http://evalbum.com
        > My Electric Car at: http://www.geocities.com/electric_honda
        > Mid-America EAA chapter at: http://maeaa.org
        > Join the EV List at: http://www.madkatz.com/ev/evlist.html
        >
        > In medio stat virtus - Virtue is in the moderate, not the extreme
        > position. (Horace)

      • sghiahughes
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
          I think you are on the right track with the DB-9 connector.
          Corrosion on the pins makes the speed signal jumping, causing the
          controller output to be jumpy as well. I would replace the
          connector, cutting the wire back to get to clean, uncorroded wire.
          Then use plenty of ny-grease or other compound to seal up the
          connector so water doesn't get in again.

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy Smithson" <jeremy@...>