Watering NiCd Batteries and/or a Manual for 99 Solectria

  • dickcoin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
      Can anyone direct me to detailed instructions on watering NiCd
      batteries for a 99 Solectria? A manual would be great. I have not
      found anything under "files" or "database". Mike Young and Nick
      Carter have been a big help but I would like to get detailed
      instructions if possible.

      Regards
      Dick Coin
    • Stephen Taylor

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2007
          Nick Carter provided two files (thank you) that were of great help.
          At his request the files were posted to the Yahoo Group "File" folder
          as ForceNiCdWateringSequence and SAFTBatteryWatering.

          One problem, my Solectria has a replacement Zivan battery charger that
          is not preprogrammed to do the overcharging sequence that is to be
          conducted at water addition. (5 hours at 10A followed by 72 hours of
          2 min at 10A and 30 minutes off). Mike Young (previous owner) is
          going to send me the original Brusa NLG4 charger and I am going to see
          if it can be repaired. Hopefully the Group Messages will provide info
          on where to get it repaired. If it can't be repaired I can rig up a
          plating power supply and a timer to follow the recommended sequence.

          Thanks to all
          Dick Coin

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Taylor <sparrow262@...>